Sunday, September 27, 2015

Synesthesia and scent.

I keep trying to write blog posts as if I am a Professional Blogger, rather than a mentally ill artist who gets overly emotional about smells. I'm just getting that out of the way.

I stumbled upon Bruno Fazzolari's line of scents at Tigerlily Perfumery in the Mission a few weeks ago. He has synesthesia like I do (I don't consider it to be a mental illness, as it doesn't cause me any distress, but I digress) and his is smell/color linked. He's a painter who moved on to fragrance-making and I can really respect that. Painting is my baby, and I hold it in the higest regard. I don't do it nearly as often as I should, and it hurts.

Smell and color are only linked together for me by a wee bit, but it's there. I tend to favor purple and lavender-colored perfumes. The smell/geometric shape link is much stronger for me. Circular smells better than triangular. Square can be difficult but I tend to like them over time. Hexagons are also good.

I don't remember where I was going with this. Good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment